Cost Draftsman – Negotiator
I am currently recruiting for a Law Cost Draftsman/Negotiator for a firm in West Yorkshire, which is an award winning multi-talented national company.
To handle claims for costs covering all areas of personal injury costs work including drafting bills and schedules of costs, primary response to points of dispute and through to detailed assessment and negotiating settlement.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Drafting costs schedules for negotiation
• Drafting Solicitor/ client bills
• Drafting Schedules for summary assessment
• Drafting Schedules for allocation and Listing Questionnaires
• Drafting Bills of Costs and Schedule of Costs
• Work closely with fee earners to effect swift and accurate recovery and payment
• Ensure that payments are allocated to the correct file/matter when funds are received
• Liaising with Claimant and Defendant Solicitors, Counsel and Court
• Drafting and dealing with points of dispute and replies
• Negotiate Settlement as quickly as possible and on the best terms available
• Ability to manage own cost files
• Positive, confident and enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to use own initiative
• Ability to plan and prioritise work load
• Excellent listening and verbal and written skills
• Good telephone negotiation skills
• Ability to follow TSP work procedures and keep to strategy
• Ability to make decisions
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to anticipate problems and identify solutions
• Good IT and Case Management skills
To apply for this role or to any of our other roles- please email [email protected].
Our primary goal is to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients, and the fact that many of our relationships are still in place from our inception, is a testament to our success.