We are currently looking for a Conveyancer for a Liverpool based firm.
- To head up the Residential Property team, in growing its client base through the promotion and delivery of an excellent service and getting involved with the Firm’s business development through:
- Contributing ideas to the Firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
- Networking within the local business community and with key referral sources in order to develop/maintain a high profile locally for the practice;
- Writing regular articles for submission to local publications/Firm’s website/newsletter for clients and contacts.
Responsibilities and duties,
- To handle residential property transactions from the initial client contact through to completion;
- Find an appropriate solution and quote for prospective residential property clients and convert into new business for the firm;
- Draft contracts for freehold and leasehold sales;
- Deal with matter related enquiries;
- Deal with all aspects of re-mortgage transactions;
- Deal with all aspects of transfer of equity including managing clients and lenders requirements;
- Ensure that we comply with lenders’ requirements at all times relating to panel membership;
- To proactively identify and initiate additional complementary services to add value to the client’s transaction whether in conveyancing work or for other legal departments across the firm.
- To be fully conversant with both registered and unregistered conveyancing work;
- Identify title issues, raising / dealing with enquiries, for both registered and unregistered titles in both sale and purchase matters;
- To understand and comply at all times with the obligations set out by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and other relevant regulatory bodies, particularly Outcomes Focused Regulation, Solicitors Accounts Rules and Conveyancing Quality Scheme requirements;
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients, whilst developing your own client base;
- To assist with the supervision of support staff within the department (where applicable) and encourage support staff in their development and training;
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with SRA requirements, the Firm’s procedures and the quality mark requirements;
- To undertake colleagues’ file reviews in a timely manner, if required to do so;
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and/or information.
- To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements
- To work efficiently as a fee earner within the department with minimal secretarial support;
- To utilise the Firm’s case management system to best effect in order to manage your case load;
- To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates;
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities;
- To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the Firm generally;
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]