ACS are currently recruiting for a Conveyancing Assistant/Paralegal for our clients firm on the Wirral.
This is a 6 month FTC with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Mainly domestic conveyancing of freehold and leasehold properties including sales and purchase, re-mortgages and equity release together with such commercial work as arises under supervision.
- Drafting or approving contracts.
- Raising or replying to additional enquiries before contract.
- Applying for mortgage funds, preparing completion statements.
- Dealing with the logistics of completion and any other steps in the transaction process.
- Dealing with initial instructions
- ID checks and initial searches
- Post completion matters, such as SDLT returns, Land Registry requirements, sending deeds to lenders and closing files.
- Assist other members of the team as required.
- Provide cover as and when required on switchboard/reception.
This job is self-sufficient. The job holder will produce all his/her own work on the PC and will have little if any assistance from administrative and secretarial staff. Proficiency in using the equipment provided and operating the firms systems to a high standard is required.
A high level of supervision is required, although the job requires an ability to make decisions involving the exercise of some judgment
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is essential.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]