This is a fantastic opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant with experience in a residential conveyancing environment to join a driven team of residential property specialists of a Cheshire based firm.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Following your introductory training period your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Support your HOD in the management of their caseload by actioning legal procedures as directed by your HOD and providing feedback where required.
- To comply with all policies and procedures at all times.
- To deal effectively with clients and introducers both over the telephone and in written correspondence in order to provide advice and assistance to them in relation to residential property matters in England and Wales.
- Verify client identification in accordance with the AML policy and procedure.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records on all required applications at all times for the benefit of all parties and team members.
- The timely and accurate preparation of contract papers.
- Undertake OS1 and bankruptcy searches.
- Review and answer additional enquiries.
- Where appropriate to request additional information from third parties.
- To progress matters to exchange in a timely manner.
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients and introducers at all times.
- To provide updates to clients and introducers frequently and wherever appropriate.
- To return communications from clients and introducers within 2 hours wherever possible and within 24 hours without exception.
- The accurate and timely production of the file for exchange sign off.
- The exchanging of contracts.
- Prepare accurate and timely bills and completion statements.
- To retrieve funds from clients in a timely manner to effect completion.
- To maintain a good up to date working knowledge of relevant aspects of the law other than those specified above to allow cross discipline advice to be given.
- To attend and contribute to team meetings.
- To undertake such administrative duties as the HOD may reasonably require from time to time.
- To observe strict credit control in relation to client matters in which you have prime responsibility.
- To act in the best interest of the firm undertaking the above tasks and others reasonably considered by the firm.
- To report on Mortgage offers and Searches (where requested)
- To promote and develop the business (as required)
- To attend courses relevant to your position.
- To deal with such matters as the firm may reasonably require form time to time.
Knowledge of Proclaim case management system is desired.