We are currently looking to recruit Conveyancing Assistants for our clients Residential Department for our Manchester Office.
This role is primarily to provide administration support within a small team in the residential department. The main duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Opening files on DPS and setting up a paper files
- Providing cover for telephone and email diverts
- Scanning – including ID scanning for visitors
- Seeing clients to take initial paperwork where required
- Speaking with site offices and developer’s solicitors where required
- Speaking with clients on the telephone
- Assisting with collating information for reports on report days
- Dealing with incoming post/emails and faxes
- Date stamping incoming post
- Printing incoming post/emails and faxes and finding files
- Preparing outgoing post
- Applying for searches
- Archiving filing
- Retrieving and filing away archive files.
- Maintaining the archive file spreadsheet
- Internal Audits
- Selecting closed files for audit and making a record.
- Organising files ready for audit.
- Preparing audit records for a manager.
The successful candidate for this role will be educated to at least GCSE level and must have 1 years’ experience in the legal sector, ideally within a Residential Conveyancing department, although this is not essential.
A high level of organisation, administration and communication will be required for this role as the candidate will be supporting Senior Conveyancers within the department as well as having to meet their own administrative objectives.
This role requires an individual with attention to detail and the ability to work well and under pressure with minimal supervision.
Candidates should be self-motivated and enthusiastic about their work and focused on their self-development and the development of others within the team, ensuring contribution to the department is maximised.
This would suit a junior legal professional who is looking to develop themselves further and focus their career on the legal sector particularly within the Residential Conveyancing sector.
Professional Qualifications Required
- Candidates will be required to evidence the following professional qualifications:
- GCSE English grade A – C (essential)
- A levels (desirable)
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
- At least 1 years’ experience working in the legal sector
For more information on this role, please email [email protected] or call 0151 709 3960