Acs Recruitment Consultants are currently recruiting for an experienced Conveyancer for their clients office in Cumbria.
You will have experience of conveyancing and you will be proactively driving forward conveyancing instructions to exchange and completion by active liaison with other parties in the chain and with conveyancers and agents. You will engage in the management of the conveyancing department and build relationships with the firms connections and clients and develop and bring new business to the firm.
To assist with any other duties that may be reasonably required
Duties and responsibilities (regular activities in order of importance):
To provide a friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional service to our clients. To protect the firm against service complaints by ensuring service is of the highest quality
- To ensure your caseload is accurately and efficiently processed and to provide expert legal advice in relation to conveyancing matters both residential and commercial.
- To comply with SRA and COLP/COFA Compliance rules at all times
- To keep up to date with changes in the law, develop existing skills of self and other members of the staff where appropriate. To ensure compliance with CPD requirements appropriate to qualifications
- Drafting and approving complex legal documents and correspondence.
- To take clear and precise instructions, maintain records and progress transactions actively, using the Firm’s existing systems.
- Conduct legal research and give appropriate advice
- To effectively maintain and housekeep your file management, including accurate use of database in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure that prompt closure of files is achieved at completion and the ledgers are nil balanced.
- To respond to telephone calls within 2 hours and ensure accurate notes are made to record information given and received.
- All written communications to be clear and concise including post and emails. To ensure files are kept in good order, tidy and all filing is up to date. To following the firms opening and closing procedures.
- To ensure all post completions matters are dealt with in a timely manner so that lender and client are protected. Ensure that priority searches are valid and in date
- To ensure the accurate preparation of financial documentation in accordance with the firms procedures to include completion statements and billing.
- To meet all deadlines within the specified timeframes
- To develop the firm by maintaining high standards of delivery and actively promoting all services wherever possible
- To possess a flexible approach in providing support of other teams dependant on capacity as required
Education and Qualification – CILEx Qualified or Solicitor – 3 years +
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a conveyancing department
- Experience of running a large case load of both residential and commercial conveyancing matters
- Clear understanding of the Solicitors Code of Conduct
- Clear understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills both face to face and by telephone
- Experience of using a legal software case management or document management system
Motivation – goals achieved/ambitions:
- Self-Motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, an organised and can do approach
- Commitment to improving work practices and support Company plans and policies
- Committed to CPD and developing existing skill base
- Good time management skills and dependable
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail and quality of work. Accuracy in both financial and written work
- Excellent keyboard skills (MS Office)
Special aptitudes – written/oral communication skills:
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Able to build and maintain working relationships
- Ability to deal with difficult clients.
- Able to express yourself clearly.
- Able to work as part of a team and develop good relationships with staff
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]