Commercial Property Solicitor
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Property Solicitor for a firm of solicitors in Liverpool City Centre.
Successful candidates MUST have 5 years PQE.
Job Function (the list is not exhaustive)
- To manage caseload efficiently with minimal supervision and to process all tasks as delegated to you
- To progress cases to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients
- Action all cases in line with practice standards and protocols
- Use of the case management system wherever appropriate to maximise cost efficiency
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing client base and departmental profile
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Understand the role in the context of the practice and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential
- Pro-actively support the ongoing development of department colleagues
- Pro-actively supervise Residential Conveyancing Legal Assistant(s)
- Essential previous experience of general commercial property matters including sales and acquisition, development agreements, landlord & tenant, re-financing etc.
- Good skills with Word, Excel and Internet
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to focus on billing against target
- Ability to focus on firm, departmental and individual profile
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident telephone manner
- Good team spirit – working in a team
- Flexibility – willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development
- Experience of dealing with investors and developers, governments, landowners and public sector bodies, on a wide range of transactions.
- Previous operational experience of Proclaim an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulation (SRA)
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]