Commercial Property Paralegal
A Commercial Property Paralegal is wanted for an established firm in Liverpool.
To provide dedicated support for caseworker/s to ensure the efficient and complaint processing of legal matters; maximising business opportunities and maintaining a standard of excellence at all times.
Duties will include,
- Attending on clients, taking instructions and carrying out such tasks as are delegated by supervising caseworker in relation to client matters.
- Providing clients with advice and assistance on legal matters as appropriate to remit and level of competence and supervision.
- Providing timely and relevant updates to supervising caseworker.
- Referring clients to an alternative professional where appropriate
- Providing representation at Court and Tribunals if/when required.
- Ascertaining and validating information from clients as required, in particular in relation to financial position and identity.
- Generating outgoing correspondence and documentation utilising fully the case management system and all standard precedents
- Ensuring that new client information is sent and recorded in accordance with Professional Conduct Guidelines.
- Ensuring that an adequate conflict cheque is undertaken and recorded for any new client /matter and alerting supervising caseworker of any potential conflict.
- Ensuring that all work dictated and accurate is processed by secretarial staff and alerting secretarial co-ordinator to any discrepancies.
- Drafting and issuing contracts leases and other legal paperwork.
- Completing records of key information and reviewing files in accordance with time scale set out in the record of any key information.
- Ensuring that on a daily basis that all files are complete, tidy and orderly, alerting the secretarial co-ordinator to any discrepancies.
- Managing own work load by maintaining an effective electronic diary.
- To undertake legal research and report on that research.
- Recording adequate file notes of activity to accurately reflect and justify the time recorded.
- Preparing completion statements and ensuring client funds are dealt with in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Checking accounts enquiry element of the practice management systems before any financial transaction is made.
- Obtaining billing guides and billing matters and dealing with debt recovery where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all cheques and client money is banked promptly
- Attending internal meetings as required.
- Maximising marketing opportunities for the practice where possible.
- Undertaking Law Society training as required
- Maintaining at all time confidentiality in all matters relating to the client and the practice.
Successful candidate must have,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (required)
- Excellent organisational skills (required)
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills or willingness to learn (required)
- Competence in Windows and MS Word or willingness to learn (required)
- Understanding of legal process ad relevant (required)
- Knowledge of the construction of legal case files (required)
- Basic understanding of legal accounting principles (required)
- Understanding or appreciation of client care, confidentiality and security issues (required)
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]