We are looking for an experienced Claims Team Leader to join a busy Wirral based firm of Solicitors.
Duties will include but not be limited to,
- To ensure control of administration matters for allocated teams ensuring service level and departmental targets are met.
- To maintain own claims portfolio to ensure each claim is dealt with in line with company procedure and within service standards from intimation through to settlement stage, in line with agreed authority.
- To ensure correct work allocation throughout unit and maintaining work condition reports.
- To allocate newly reported claims to team as allocated.
- To ensure correct validation and registration of claim ensuring policy is operational.
- Realistic inputting and prompt updating of claims reserves on to IS2000 claims system.
- To make effective use of diary system within IS2000 in order to maintain proactive approach to claims handling.
- Audit responsibility for unit and others as directed by Management.
- To authorise cheques up to £15,000.00.
- To provide guidance and advice in respect of referrals to Claims Advisors as allocated in respect of administration and technical matters as per set authority.
- Complaint handling as allocated.
- To ensure telephony abandonment rate is no greater than 5%
- To ensure that 80% of calls are answered within 20 seconds.
- Collation and reporting management statistics as required.
- Complete monthly team meetings
- Address performance, sickness etc in line with HR policy
- Liaise with suppliers on administration, work flow issues to ensure day to day issues are managed.
- Produce monthly MI on customer call volumes weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business.
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Ensure that direct reports and self, achieve and demonstrate levels of competence required to fulfil job requirements
Minimum 2 years experience within the insurance industry in a claims handling and/or supervisory role is essential.
Claims handling experience (Household and/or Motor).
Practical experience of claims processing.
Working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel).
Working knowledge of claims IT systems (IS2000/Visual Info).
Excellent problem solving skills and initiative.
Sound reasoning and ability identify the issues involved in any problems arising.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For more information please contact [email protected]
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.