Claimant Credit Hire Legal Advisor
ACS are currently recruiting for a Claimant Credit Hire Legal Advisor on behalf of our Merseyside based client.
Duties will include but not be limited to,
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing defences in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
- Have a good working knowledge and where appropriate advise on/progress claims involving technical and/or credit hire arguments.
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated Claimant credit hire claims.
- Have excellent and in depth knowledge of credit hire litigation
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s etc.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay clients.
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Take a pragmatic commercial approaches to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant client and/or hire company.
- Have a general commercial awareness understanding that maximum recovery of his charges should be effected
- Building a relationship with all external clients to minimise the possibility of complaints and to enhance the reputation of the firm and the service it provides
- Ensuring that any BTE and/or ATE insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims
- Prepare the file to be passed to the litigation team as soon as is possible.
- Achieve all individual targets and contribute to team/department performance by assisting colleagues to ensure team targets are met.
- Deal with post, telephone calls and e-mails within agreed service levels and to ensure that Not Worked on Lists and To do Lists are kept within agreed parameters
- Maintain files to agreed standards.
- Adhere to working practices, policies and procedures including in regulatory and compliance matters.
- Fulfil all other duties necessary to the role
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]