Claimant Cost Draftsman
ACS are recruiting for a Claimant Cost Draftsman to work with a leading provider of claims services based in Birkenhead.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Internal Drafting of Fixed Cost N260 for Trial
- Drafting Formal Fixed Cost Bills
- Taking Files to Provisional Assessment if necessary
- Drafting, Checking and Signing Replies on Fixed Cost cases
- Drafting of costs schedule for Listing Questionnaire
- Drafting Indemnity Schedules
- Negotiating Fixed Cost Cases
Experience & Knowledge
- Reviewing cost schedules/bills with a view to negotiating Claimants costs and settling costs files
- Preparing bills and/or replies
- Proceeding with matters to a Provisional Assessment
- Dealing with third party solicitors and insurers on a day-to-day basis over the phone, email and letter.
- Maintaining the highest client care standards.
- Administrative duties within the departments
- Ability to manage a caseload of RTA Claimant costs cases
- Work is produced is to the highest standard
- Negotiating settlement of costs.
- Good IT skills, including excel and experience of using a case management system preferable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Must be used to dealing with cases requiring a prompt turnaround.
- Good commercial awareness and a professional attitude.
The ideal candidate must be willing to put the time and effort in as they will have their own caseload. All relevant training will be provided.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]