We are recruiting for an Associate/Senior Associate for an established Merseyside based firm.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial and Intellectual Property, the Associate / Senior Associate solicitor will provide legal advice to a broad range of clients, from corporates, public bodies (including NHS bodies) and SMEs to individuals, on a range of commercial matters.
The team works for clients with interests in sectors as diverse as distribution, manufacturing and industry, health, education, local government, sports, media, telecoms and entertainment.
You will provide comprehensive, detailed and solution-focused legal advice to clients and colleagues on matters including:
- Commercial agreements
- Supply change management including agency, distribution and franchising agreements
- Joint ventures
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Trading terms
- Updating legal research on supporting topics to the team
- Corporate transactional support, working closely with Corporate team clients and colleagues.
- Ability to play a proactive part in business development activity
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Experience of providing commercial services in private legal practice
- Excellence in service quality (service delivery and quality of services provided), through technical and service excellence
- Excellent legal and commercial research skills
- An understanding of clients’ needs and expectations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to get a grip of the wider commercial issues
- Adherence to guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships, network and work collaboratively
- Good listening skills and willingness to receive and act on feedback
- A proven track record of involvement in effective business development activity
- Excellence in persuading and influencing and ability to remain an effective communicator under pressure
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]