ACS are now recruiting an associate to work within the healthcare team in a law firm based in London
- Advising on public law issues such as public and patient involvement and consultation, governance and constitutional issues, judicial review and human rights;
- Advising on care standards legislation and practice and information governance matters.
- Advising on matters of general healthcare law including patient complaints, SUI and Ombudsman investigations, and a variety of other health sector legislation and guidance including mental health;
- Inquests including advocacy
- Court of Protection, treatment and best interest cases including advocacy
The candidate will work with other lawyers practising in the healthcare sector and will be expected to identify new products and work streams relevant to clients and develop new business.
- Familiarity with issues relevant to organisations in the health and social care sector
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively
- Excellent communication/client service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Law degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within Legal Health Care
- Proven experience of Inquests
- Experience in Court of protection work is essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of litigation work preferable.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]