Associate – Healthcare
ACS are looking for an Associate to join the Healthcare department of a law firm in Liverpool.
The role will involve undertaking a wide range of advisory and mental health work for the NHS and other public and private organisations operating in the health and social care sector.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Advising on matters of general healthcare law including patient complaints, sudden untoward incidents, Ombudsman investigations and funding issues;
- Advising on public law issues such as public and patient involvement and consultation, judicial review and human rights;
- Advising on mental health law, including legality of detention, treatment issues and representation at Tribunals;
- Providing training to clients, particularly in the fields of mental capacity and mental health law.
- Preparation for and representation at Inquests;
- Court of Protection, treatment and best interest cases;
Candidate must have:
- Law Degree (or equivalent)
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively
- Excellent communication/client service skills
- Familiarity with issues relevant to organisations in the health and social care sector
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]