ACS are now recruiting an Associate to work within the health litigation team in a successful Liverpool based law firm.
To run a caseload of clinical negligence files to include:
- Attend Court for Case Management Conferences and Application Hearings
- Negotiate settlements
- Quantifying claims
- Liaising with member and co-defendants
- Interviewing witnesses
- Drafting witness statements
- Hold conferences with Counsel
- Prepare for and attend trial
- Drafting reports to Medical Protection
- Instructing experts
- Instructing counsel
- Law Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience in managing cases independently through the litigation process
- Clinical negligence experience, preferably from Defendant perspective.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrate high level of IT skills to ensure compliance with client data security requirements and ability to work in a paper-lite environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team
- Demonstrates an understanding of client’s needs/expectations
- Adheres to guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]