Our client is an established legal firm based in Liverpool and they are looking to recruit an Associate with 1-3 Years PQE for their Corporate department.
Key Duties, to include, but not limited to:-
- Supporting on mergers or acquisitions or disposal transactions for corporate clients
- Preparation and finalisation of disclosure letters and supporting bundles
- Supporting on and reviewing investment documents either acting for investing institutions or management teams on PE backed transactions
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of transaction ancillary documents (such as completion board minutes, deeds of waivers, resignation letters, Companies House forms etc.)
- Supporting/leading acquisition and disposal of business and assets and/or shares
- Supporting/leading due diligence exercises, data room reviews or management and disclosure processes (be it in relation to buy side legal due diligence work or sell side legal disclosure work);
- General corporate work including corporate restructurings, shareholders agreements, joint ventures and limited liability partnership agreements, specifically drafting the principal documents
- Assisting with business development and tenders including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets
- Opportunities for early exposure to clients.
Successful candidate must have:
- Law degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of corporate transactional work
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Proficient in use of document management systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some experience in supporting and developing client relationships
- Some exposure to PE work and/or M&A transactions at or with a leading national or city law firm
- Enthusiasm for the work and to seize the opportunity to learn and develop in a quality but demanding team.