An Associate is currently needed for the Healthcare department an established legal firm in Manchester.
The role will involve undertaking a wide range of advisory and mental health work for the NHS and other public and private organisations operating in the health and social care sector.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Inquests including interest in advocacy
- Court of Protection, treatment and best interest cases
- Advising on public law issues such as public and patient involvement and consultation, governance and constitutional issues, judicial review and human rights;
- Advising on matters of general healthcare law including patient complaints, SUI and Ombudsman investigations, and a variety of other health sector legislation and guidance including mental health;
- Advising on care standards legislation and practice and information governance matters.
- Mental Health advice and advocacy at Tribunals
- Familiarity with issues relevant to organisations in the health and social care sector
- Excellent communication/client service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively
- Excellent organisational skills
The candidate will work with other lawyers practicing in the healthcare sector and will be expected to identify new products and work streams relevant to clients and develop new business.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]