We are looking for a qualified Associate with a proven and demonstrable career in the corporate commercial legal sector for our clients firm in Liverpool.
The successful candidate will join an established and very highly regarded specialist Corporate Commerical Legal Team in Liverpool and will engage in detailed work with our strong client base.
Key Duties, to include, but not limited to:-
- Supporting on mergers or acquisitions or disposal transactions for corporate clients
- Supporting/leading acquisition and disposal of business and assets and/or shares
- Supporting/leading due diligence exercises, data room reviews or management and disclosure processes (be it in relation to buy side legal due diligence work or sell side legal disclosure work);
- General corporate work including corporate restructurings, shareholders agreements, joint ventures and limited liability partnership agreements, specifically drafting the principal documents
- Preparation and finalisation of disclosure letters and supporting bundles
- Supporting on and reviewing investment documents either acting for investing institutions or management teams on PE backed transactions
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of transaction ancillary documents (such as completion board minutes, deeds of waivers, resignation letters, Companies House forms etc.)
- Assisting with business development and tenders including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets
- Opportunities for early exposure to clients.
- Law degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience as a Corporate Commercial Associate
- Some experience in supporting and developing client relationships
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Proficient in use of document management systems
- Proven experience of corporate transactional work
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some exposure to PE work and/or M&A transactions at or with a leading national or city law firm
- Enthusiasm for the work and to seize the opportunity to learn and develop in a quality but demanding team.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.