We are recruiting for an Assistant Solicitor for the Commercial Property department of our clients firm in Merseyside.
The ideal candidate would be an individual who is from a quality practice where they have handled a caseload of complex matters thus gaining the knowledge experience and expertise in their field.
Must have 5 years minimum PQE
Duties will include,
- Supporting the Director(s) in the development of the Company’s strategic objectives by contributing to the strategic planning process;
- Providing a quality legal service to those clients with whom the Company does business with;
- Providing appropriate legal advice and guidance to clients on key issues and proffer effective solutions that represent the best interests of the client;
- Attending at Court (as required and if applicable) and representing the clients’ best interests at all times;
- Progress matters for which responsible in a timely manner;
- Provide a service to clients that maintains the high reputation of the Firm;
- Recognise and react to opportunities for cross selling of services to clients, provided that this is in the best interests of the client;
- Identifying market threats and opportunities and bring these to the attention of the Directors;
- Complying in full with the Company’s procedures on File Management, and File Audit as required;
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures in respect of Risk Assessment;
- Set an example to others as an effective professional.
- Put the interests of the Company before those of the Department in which the Assistant Solicitor operates in;
- Maintaining effective professional and personal working relationships with all members of immediate team, senior staff and Directors;
- Prioritise work on a daily basis ensuring that key tasks or requests for urgent work are dealt with in a timely and professional manner;
- The performance of any other duties and tasks as relevant to the role.
Successful candidate must be,
- Qualified solicitor holding current practicing certificate;
- Personally highly motivated, proven leadership skills,
- Committed to own self personal and professional development;
- Assertive, Risk taker;
- Client focused and quality driven;
- Member of relevant Law Society’ Panel(s), or other Panel as appropriate or required by the role.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]