We are looking for an Assistant Solicitor to join and established firm in Cheshire.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Advise clients in writing, by telephone and on occasion, in person.
- Manage a caseload of clients
- Draft documents.
- Dictate letters, attendance notes etc.
- Maintain case files as a full and coherent record of activity on matters.
- Prepare instructions for counsel and other service providers as necessary.
- Record all time spent on matters.
- Monitor achievement of own financial targets.
- Use correct office systems and procedures in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s and the profession’s standards.
- Maintain up to date knowledge by training and research in the following areas of law:
- Data Protection
- Contract Law
- Consumer Law
- Clinical Negligence
Skills and Personal Characteristics Required
- Ability to maintain good communications with all fee earners and support staff.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to comply with or suggest improvements to the firm’s procedures.
- Computer literate and knowledge of software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
- Good telephone manner with clients.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]