ACS are recruiting for an Assistant Advocate to join the Corporate Recovery team of a Liverpool based firm.
Key responsibilities and accountibilities:
- Client care – ensuring clients receive the service they expect.
- Reviewing the prospects of cases and reporting to the Head of Department
- Instructing agency to take witness statements.
- Ensuring court directions are complied with.
- Instructing counsel for hearings.
- Preparing files for trial.
- Signing cases off for issue.
- Dealing with post/emails.
- Settling cases.
- Dealing with applications on the instructions of the Head of Department
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Legal experience in litigation (general commercial/ insolvency/ tax)
- Proficiency in using case management systems to store, locate and manage correspondence and documents for each client matter;
- Well versed in legal research and fact finding tasks on bespoke legal matters;
- Administration experience
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Able to work to a high standard under pressure
- Able to prioirtise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Drafting skills and experience – drafting application notices, witness statements, draft orders and letters progressing cases generally
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of different people at varying levels of seniority
- Experienced in law firm compliance such as collating ID documents, carrying out AML checks and conflict checks and having an appreciation of the importance of this;
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]