We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Administrator/Legal Clerk to be part of our clients First Response Team in Merseyside.
This is a role for an extremely organised Administrator/Legal Clerk who is either an Accredited Police Station Representative or willing to obtain the Accreditation within the next 12 months.
The candidate must have excellent client care experience and if Accredited must have experience of running a mixed caseload of criminal cases.
It is essential that the candidate is able to take part in the Police Station out of hours rota now or in the future and be available to work outside of normal working hours when required, including weekends.
Preferably the candidate will be familiar with police station, court and chambers procedures and etiquette but this is not essential as training will be provided.
You will be responsible for assisting with the administration and Legal Clerk aspects of the First Response Team.
The role will be varied and therefore requires a great deal of organisation and the ability to work quickly, confidently and efficiently.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Where required, resolving queries and updating clients. Referring the client to relevant Advocate/Legal Clerk.
- Securing new business from new client enquiries.
- Booking clients in for appointments.
- Dealing with initial client instructions for Legal Aid applications.
- Ensuring that all new files are vetted and opened promptly.
- Receiving email enquiries and dealing with updates.
- Utilising our case management system to organise email updates from the CPS and Corvus systems.
- Liaising with the duty call centres/police and referring on to Accredited Representatives.
- Working through the case management system workflow so as to complete certain stages and generate letters following police station and court attendances.
- Accurate diary usage and updating case management systems.
- General support to the Advocates/Legal Clerks in relation to other tasks on cases.
- Where necessary, liaising with other parties in relation to queries or concerns.
- Where necessary, carrying out a variety of tasks generated by the case management system workflow, as designated by the Advocates/Legal Clerks.
- Where necessary, serving documents on the court.
- Dealing with certain Post Conviction emails and telephone calls.
- Ability to assist with a criminal caseload on Legal Clerk basis or willingness to learn this within 6 months.
- Supervise the Administration Clerks as and when required.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, successful candidate must have:
- Experience as an Administrator/Legal Clerk.
- Police Station Accredited Representative or willingness to become Accredited within 12 months.
- Experienced in taking enquiries, taking instructions by telephone and email and liaising with other parties.
- Ability to run a caseload under the supervision of the Investigations Team Leader or willingness to learn this aspect.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast paced department working to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- If Accredited, the ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Good IT skills including the ability to utilise a case management system.
- Good working knowledge of legal databases.
- Commercial attitude with ability to practice good financial management of files and caseload.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional telephone manner.
- Well presented, enthusiastic, punctual and confident.
- Professional, articulate with good sales skills and be comfortable persuading prospective clients of the benefits of instructing our firm and be adept at obtaining funds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
For more information please on this role please contact [email protected]