We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a law firm in Liverpool.
- Posting office and client receipts to our accounts system (Indigo)
- Entering card payments onto the system
- Dealing with weekly bank reconciliations
- Writing cheques
- Dealing with internal and external enquires
- Ensuring compliance at all times with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- Filing all transaction paperwork promptly
- Entering write-offs on the system following authorisation by a director
- Assisting with preparation for Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) audits, Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) audits and other quality audits as required
- Checking and posting invoices/bills
- Transferring money between company bank accounts
- Preparing and executing CHAPS and BACS receipts and payments
- Obtaining billing guides for fee earners when requested
- Following procedures outlined in the office manual
- Alerting the IT co-ordinator to network problems
- Co-operating with all other relevant personnel/departments as necessary
- Attending any training or development activity as reasonably requested by the directors
- Ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering procedures and reporting any issues of concern to the money laundering reporting officer
- Ensuring that all client money and cheques are banked promptly
- Assisting with archiving and ensuring all completed matters are closed in a timely manner
- Undertaking such other tasks as the directors and fee earners may reasonably require
- Preparing monthly reports for directors as and when required
- Checking completion statements
Experience and qualifications
- A minimum of 1 year’s accounts experience, preferably obtained in a solicitor’s office.
- Must be a self starter, able to work to a daily routine and prioritise additional tasks received.
- Good organisational skills.
- A good working knowledge of the Solicitors Account Rules – essential.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Experience of using legal accounting software, bank electronic payment software and BACS payment software is essential.
- GCSE maths and English at grade C or above preferred.
- Competence in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident, articulate and adept in obtaining (and where necessary challenging) information on own initiative in order to progress processing, meet targets and ensure compliance with the firm’s procedures and the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]