We are looking for a Risk and Compliance Officer for a Liverpool based firm.
The duties will involve but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the identification and assessment of emerging risk and compliance issues at the firm..
- Identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations on improvements to firm policies, procedures and systems and assisting in their drafting and design as required to meet the appropriate standards.
- Assisting in the on-going preparation and training of processes and procedures to enable the firm to comply with the appropriate requirements and quality processes through involvement in project work.
- Assisting with the design and delivery of firm wide annual audit programmes across multiple locations, managing any output activity that is generated, to ensure a consistent and efficient approach to auditing across the business.
- Provide an independent appraisal of the effectiveness and compliance with firm-wide standards, outcomes from the SRA Code of Conduct 2011, and industry wide and international standards.
- Provide written reports detailing the findings and trends at specific audit level.
Successful candidates must have,.
- Previous experience within the legal industry is essential.
- Professional compliance and audit qualifications would be an advantage in this role.
- A positive attitude to improving standards of client care within the firm in line with the Code of Conduct.
- Good knowledge of the prevailing SRA Handbook Rules (and any other relevant legislation, regulations and rules that apply to the firm).
- Experience of working with confidential data.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organisational, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to acquire, understand and implement new knowledge quickly.
- Good attention to detail whilst working to deadlines
- Ability to work independently (and to effectively time manage) or within a team as required.
- Good knowledge of compliance systems and procedures and managing risks to compliance.
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills and ideally experience of with working with a Case Management System.
For more information please contact [email protected]
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd (www.acs-recruitment.co.uk)are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.