ACS are now recruiting for a Legal Auditor on behalf of our client, a successful law firm based in Liverpool.
- Assist, where necessary, to an effective “Audit the Auditor” programme to ensure audits are conducted randomly and consistently across all areas of the business and that feedback is given in a balanced and constructive manner to the auditor.
- Assist, where necessary, to an effective “Follow Up” audit programme to ensure team managers, fee earners and any other relevant staff undertake corrective action and implement any recommendations highlighted within an audit report.
- Provide feedback reports on activities or risks identified to the Audit Manager on a weekly/monthly basis, or as required.
- Undertake call and file audits in line with the Internal Audit Policy in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the continual contribution to the firm’s quality of all services offered.
- Ensure that any remedial actions are recommended and delivered in a balanced and constructive manner in line with the Internal Audit Policy.
- Achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and contribute positively to the team performance.
- Support the business in providing quality and meaningful audit data in line with the Audit Policy.
- Liaise with the Audit Manager following the identification of any risk, training or performance needs.
- Actively promote and represent the Audit Department throughout the whole business and to external bodies.
- Keep up to date with developments within the legal sector and company systems, practices and procedures.
- Provide any required feedback, guidance, coaching and/or recommendations in a 1-2-1 and/or group environment in a balanced and constructive manner.
- Report on audit findings and any follow up actions.
- Undertake call and file audits across all areas of the business (including, where necessary, external audits) in line with the Audit Policy.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience and expertise in areas such as ULR, Portal, Fast Track and Multi Track claims.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly to meet business and department deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and an ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the conduct of personal injury litigation.
- Ability to interpret information, identify risk and provide feedback in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- An understanding of insurance claims handling processes, including, but not limited to: first party and third party claims, third party intervention, hire and recovery.
- An awareness and understanding of ICOBS 8 and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Strong IT/case management skills.
- A recognised professional qualification or a willingness to undertake progress towards a recognised and relevant qualification.
- A high awareness of other relevant areas of regulation and/or statutory legislation affecting the industry.
- Experience and knowledge of Defence work and Serious Injury claims.
- A working knowledge of the SRA Code of Conduct and the SRA Accounts Rules.
For more information on this role contact [email protected]